Follow the lead of writing rockstars like J.K. Rowling, E.L. Stein, and John Grisham as bestselling author, Julie Anne Lindsey, walks you through the creation of an outline that will move your story from concept to completion in 28 days flat.
What You Will Learn:
- Maximize your writing time
- Avoiding plot holes & other pitfalls
- Work now so you can write later
- Get that story out of your head and onto shelves
Who should take this class?
- Writers struggling to finish their first novel
- Experienced authors who want to increase productivity
- Writers dreaming of a series rapid launch
- Writers stuck in their story’s murky middle with no idea how to get out
- Anyone struggling to make the most of their writing time
- Everyone who’s ready to move their manuscript from concept to completion in 28 days
I. Lesson One: What is an Outline?
- What outlines are not
- Why I outline (and maybe you should too)
- How outlines will change your writing life for the better. Immediately.
II. Setting Up the Basics
- Creating Good Bones
- Defining Chapters
- Headers as Reminders
- Timeline & Template Cues
III. Let’s Put Some Meat on Those bones!
- Adding plot points
- Personal Goals
- Side Quests
- Adding characters
- Family & Community Involvement
IV. Adding the Details
- Setting & Resetting the Scenes
- Including the Senses in every scene
- Bringing the background to the forefront
V. All Those Pesky Extras
- Red Herrings
- Romance Elements
VI. Add Color
- Create a Quick Reference
- Visual tool
VII. Wrap Up
- You’ve Finished your outline
- You’re ready to write that novel in 28 writing days
- And get started on the next!
Julie Anne Lindsey is a bestselling author of mystery and romantic suspense. She’s published more than fifty books since her debut in 2013 and currently produces 6-8 novels a years, writing series as herself, as well as under multiple pen names for various traditional publishers. Julie has won multiple awards for her writing, including the National Readers Choice Award, the Daphne Du Maurier Award for Mystery & Suspense, and the 2019 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award.
When Julie's not creating new worlds or fostering the epic love of fictional characters, she can be found in Kent, Ohio, enjoying her blessed Midwestern life. And probably plotting murder with her shamelessly enabling friends. Today she hopes to make someone smile. One day she plans to change the world. Learn more about Julie at julieannelindsey.com
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Submit a Review