Instructor: Sarah Hamer
Memoir: For Your Children's Children
Ever thought about writing your OWN story?
Memoirs and autobiographies are the perfect way to connect with your family, to tell your story your way, and to create a lasting memory of who you are.
In this class, we’ll:
· Explore the difference between an autobiography and a memoir
· Use themes to discover and organize memories
· Create strong, interesting and informative stories which will cross generations
· Learn to choose what should and shouldn’t be in our personal stories and why
· Weave together our memories to make a remarkable book
· Discuss commercial publication as opposed to writing only for our families
· Have an opportunity to say what we want to say about ourselves
· Leave a lasting and heart-felt story of our life for our children’s children
Memoir: For Your Children's Children is packed with lectures, assignments, and opportunities to discuss, share, and explore. This hands-on course will help you write your life story to share with generations to come.
Sarah (Sally) Hamer is eternally fascinated by people and how they 'tick' and works hard to incorporate individual idiosyncrasies to create living, breathing characters in her many works of fiction. She writes in many genres - mystery, science fiction, fantasy, romance, medieval history, non-fiction - and has won awards at both local and national levels, including two Golden Heart finals.
A teacher of beginning and advanced creative fiction writing and screenwriting at Louisiana State University - Shreveport for over ten years, she also is a book coach, with many of her students and critique partners becoming successful, award-winning authors.