Tweet like a twit? Facepalm every time you check Facebook? Feel like a pinned bug on Pinterest?
What’s an author to do with all of the social media opportunities clambering for our attention?
Confused by controversy? Troubled by trolls? You’ll learn the skills to control your social media presence without losing your mind.
Class includes on-line lessons and one-on-one virtual meetings to help you discover and manage your own unique brand. Lisa will make sure you have the tools to tame social media.
What You’ll Learn:
- how to choose the most effective social media platform for you
- there are more social media platforms that Facebook and Twitter, many of which you may never have heard of where readers go to hang out together
- how to have a social media presence and still have time to write
- how social media can help empower your writing
Who Should Take This Class:
- authors seeking to up their social media game
- traditional authors who’ve been told they need to increase their platform
- indie authors seeking to really connect with their readers in a meaningful way
Week 1: Introduction to Social Media: What and Why
- What is Social Media?
- Why Participate in Social Media?
- Social Media is NOT…
- What is your why?
Week 2: Building Your Brand
- Step 1: Catch (and don’t release)!
- What is a brand (and how do I find mine?)
- Finding Your Fish (identify your target audience)
- Geeky Bits
- Graphic design
- The F in the Room
Week 3: Strategies for Specific Platforms
- Social Media Demographics
- Making Sense of Social Media
- Details for Specific Platforms
- Research Chosen Platforms
Week 4: Practice!
- Share experiences regarding specific platforms
- Discussions on how to target YOUR audience
- Practical experimentation and feedback
Lisa Norman is the owner of Heart Ally Books, an independent publishing company. She also owns a website design company specializing in creating websites for authors, Deleyna’s Dynamic Designs. For over 25 years, she has worked with both indie and traditionally published writers on everything from writing through publication and marketing. She has taught students from 10 to 80, both in person, locally, and online. Her customers range all over the US, Canada, and as far away as Australia. Mostly she coaches people one-on-one, and she loves public speaking. She’s most proud of her children, adores her husband, and seems to be constantly surrounded by cats.
Lisa is the author of a series of nonfiction ebooks, Publishing Gold: Step-by-Step Guides for Success In Your Writing Career. She also writes under the pen name of Deleyna Marr.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.