If you’ve always dreamed of writing a book, stuck in the middle of the one you are working on, or looking for some structure and support for your current novel, this class is for you. Designed to take you from idea to finished book, The 8-Week Author will cover all major components of a book, including:
- Goal, Motivation and Conflict—the beginning building blocks of compelling plots
- Internal Character Development—create memorable characters that readers love
- Scene and Sequel—use this technique to create hooks, twists, and rising stakes
- Backstory and Pacing—keep your plot moving, which keeps readers turning the pages
- Point of View—how to write it, chose the write point of view for a scene, and maximize its power
- Show, Not Tell—knowing when and how to show vs. tell, and how to use both effectively in narrative and dialogue.
- Revising and Tightening—how to take the raw manuscript and make it more powerful and more memorable
The goal of this class is to help authors, regardless of their experience level, to build a strong, compelling novel from start to finish. You’ll learn new techniques and tricks for getting the most out of every page, while also honing your skills in plotting and character development.