This class is about openings. All your openings, not just the first opening in your book.
The opening of your first chapter needs to carry powerful content, and powerful structure and style.
The opening of every scene and every chapter needs to hook the reader with content and structure and style too.
This course covers:
- what the reader needs in the opening
- the two promises writers give readers on the first page
- strategic use of Margie's deep editing techniques and systems, including:
- power words and backloading
- ten cadence-driven rhetorical devices
- scene-themed, character-themed, and emotion-themed words
- linear load issues
- style and structure
Margie-Grads may know most of Margie's deep editing techniques. In this class they'll learn how to pull them together and make their openings smooth and compelling.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.