Instructor: Lana Pattinson
April 3 – 30; Fee: $75
Whether you are new to Pinterest or already have a personal account, we’ll discuss strategies for branding yourself as an author and developing your Author Platform.
BONUS: Lana will schedule half-hour phone calls with every student. You’ll benefit from Lana’s expertise in that special one-on-one time.
We’ll cover the following topics:
- Why Pinterest?
- We’ll find out why Pinterest is an important part of your Author Platform, and why & when it may be a better choice than Facebook or Twitter.
- The Basics: Setting up your Account
- Setting up your profile and creating key Boards
- Pinterest as part of your Social Media plan and how to manage your time
- What do you want to accomplish / Setting goals
- Targeting your Audience
- Let’s look at ways that we can define and appeal to your target audience
- How to make a great Pin
- What makes a great Pin
- Tools and Programs you can use for creating Pinnable images
- Important information to include when creating your Pins
- Interacting on Pinterest
- Purpose and how to use Group Boards
- Other ways to interact on Pinterest (comments, likes, etc).
- Nuts & Bolts: How to Pin, Whom to followAnalytics
- How to Pin for maximum effect
- Selecting the right people to follow
- Using Pinterest Analytics to review and streamline your social media plan
- Plus — that BONUS phone call consult with Lana Pattinson!
Hi y’all! I’m a Marketing Consultant with expertise in Brand Planning and Social Media. For over 15 years I worked in the wine & spirits industry, marketing powerhouse brands globally such as The Macallan Scotch Whisky, Jacob’s Creek wines, and Kahlua Coffee Liqueur.
I’ve lived all over: Ontario, Texas, Las Vegas, New York & Scotland. I have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX and an MBA from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
I write Young Adult Historical Fantasy, and am a Finalist in the 2015 Romance through the Ages Contest. I’m a member of RWA, YARWA, and CHRW.
Currently, I live in Westchester County, New York with my husband, daughter, and furbaby. Connect with me via my website, LanaPattinson.com, where I blog about Books, Booze & Scotland. You can also find me on Pinterest or Twitter.