Instructor: Becky Rawnsley, Teaching Margie Lawson’s Course
April 1 – 30; Fee: $90
Note from Margie:
I invited Becky Rawnsley to teach my Big Three courses. I bet my unexpected invitation to teach my courses gave her a visceral response.
Her deep editing expertise and her easy-going style prove she’s channeling me well. I’m impressed.
I’m proud that she’s teaching these courses I developed.
Dive in. You’ll learn, learn, learn.
DEEP EDITING is for the writer who wants to hook the subconscious of the reader. For the writer who wants to learn fresh editing techniques. For the writer who wants to edit for psychological power.
This is a dig-deep-and-make-your-manuscript-stronger course. Class members will:
1. Learn how to use rhetorical devices to boost cadence, compress time, expand time, add interest, add emotion, and add power.
2. Learn which bestselling authors use which rhetorical devices to empower openings and turning points.
3. Learn 25 rhetorical devices and practice using them. From anaphora to zeugma – learn how and when to use these techniques.
4. Develop skills by doing the assignments and getting feedback on your work.
5. Learn Deep Editing tips including Margie’s Four Levels of Powering Up Emotion, backstory management, power lines, throw-away words, cliché twists, back loading, and emotional hits.
6. Learn how to make a FINAL EDITING PASS and make it your last pass.
You may be active in class and post assignments. Your assignments will be deep edited and posted in the classroom.
You may lurk and learn. No worries.
Concerned you’re too busy to keep up? All LWA classrooms are open 24/7. They remain open two weeks after the last day of class. You can download, read, and learn any time.
Becky Rawnsley is a physical therapist from the UK. She started writing as a hobby some twenty years ago, but realized if she was ever going to get off the slush-pile and onto the shelves, she needed help. Hunting for answers, she stumbled
across Margie’s website and struck writing-gold.
Becky is now a multi-Margie, multi-LWA and Immersion grad, and has discovered a passion for deepening her understanding of writing craft. Her work now regularly finals in contests. She is keen to share the magic of Margie’s ECE and Deep Editing courses
to help fellow writers bring their work to the next level—and beyond!