August 1 – 30; Fee: $85
Instructor: Lisa Wells
How to Write Dialogue with a Psychological Punch
A proven way to improve any manuscript.
Learn how to craft dialogue that carries power!
The class includes:
– Check your manuscript to see if your dialogue has the 11 essential ingredients of great dialogue.
Dialogue Flaw Search
– Weed out the 13 most common dialogue flaws.
– Execute 25 techniques to craft dialogue that will emotionally impact (manipulate) the reader.
Still not sure if this class is for you?
Here are 4 more reasons:
1. If you want to learn how to turn predictable dialogue into fresh and exciting dialogue, this class is for you.
2. If you want to learn how to create a distinct voice for each of your characters, this class is for you.
3. If you want to learn how to slip in information to the reader without losing their interest, this class is for you.
4. If you want to learn the art of subtext, this class is for you.
In other words – this class is for you.
Lisa Wells is a 22-year veteran educator. For the past 16 years, she’s enjoyed a rollercoaster journey called: The School Counselor – Dramas, Dreams, and Destinies. Add the theme song to Jaws, and you have the feel for this fun ride.
Author of DIBS, a sexy romance, nominated as Debut Book That Rocks and Best Book of The Year, Lisa believes writers should never quit studying their craft. Her Dialogue class was born out of a treasure trove of information she discovered while studying dialogue from a screenwriter’s perspective.
Represented by Literary Agent, Tish Beaty, Lisa has just signed a contract with Entangled Publishing to be one of their authors for their new What Happens in Vegas series.