Explore why you write—your hidden motivations. Kathleen will present an honest look at what to expect as far as the money and realistic career expectations. Gain a clear picture of what a writing career entails, the difficulties and joys of the business. To be, or not to be, a Traditional, Indy, or Hybrid author? Learn where to make extra cash in the writing business and other key survival tactics.
- A few fun exercises will reveal and explore the hidden reasons why you write.
- Understanding your motivations guides you in determining the best way to manage your writing business and what pathways are optimal for you.
- Take a candid look at the differences between Traditionally Published versus Independently Published versus Hybrid authorship.
- Explore the challenges and benefits of various writing career pathways.
- Examine the recent trends and financial data regarding writing incomes and publishing in general.
- How much time do you really need? Should you write full time or part-time and how to flourish either way.
- Learn what to expect financially, depending on your chosen writing path.
- Writing sideshows: or how and where you can make extra money as an author.
- Critical survival skills—writing through personal challenges, maintaining your health, and wholeness while becoming a successful writer.
Kathleen Baldwin has written several award-winning Regency romantic comedies including Mistaken Kiss, a Holt Medallion Finalist. Her alternate history for teens, A SCHOOL FOR UNUSUAL GIRLS, was a Junior Library Guild selection. Kansas State NEA Reading Circle gave her a starred review in their “Best of the Best” for High Schools. The New York Times called it “enticing from the first sentence.” Texas library Association awarded Kathleen the Spirit of Texas for their 2016 middle school reading programs. Scholastic licensed her books for school book fairs. REFUGE FOR MASTERMINDS, Book 3 in the Stranje House series, recently won a 2018 Booksellers’ Best award.
Her latest series is currently under option for the third time.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Meg Cabot calls Kathleen’s romantic Regency adventure series, “completely original and totally engrossing.”
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.