January 6-31; Fee: $110
Note from Margie:
I invited Becky Rawnsley to teach my ‘Big Three’ courses.
Her deep editing expertise and her easy-going style prove she’s channeling me well. I’m impressed.
I’m proud that she’s teaching these courses I developed.
Dive in. You’ll learn, learn, learn. And you’ll have a good time too.
Learn how to write body language and dialogue cues. No more cliched, trite, and overused facial expressions and dialogue cues.
Writers will learn how to write more than basic facial expressions, more than basic body language, more than basic dialogue cues, and write them so well, I’d rate them NYT!
Writers will learn how to write fresh:
- Body Language Basics: facial messages, lips, eyes, chin, full facial expression, flicker-face, gestures, posture, hierarchical zones . . .
- Body Language Clusters
- Avoidance and Deception Cues
- Vibes – beyond spidy senses and hair-raising
- Margie’s Six Categories of Dialogue Cues
- Body Language and Dialogue Cues for POV and Non-POV characters
- Body Language and Dialogue Cues with Rhetorical Devices
- Body Language and Dialogue Cues that include stimulus and response
Each teaching point will be illustrated with examples from bestselling authors, their excerpts dissected and analyzed.
Students may be active in class and post assignments. I’ll deep edit assignments, and make them available for class members to read and learn.
Students may also lurk and learn. No worries.
Concerned you’re too busy to keep up?
All LWA classrooms are open 24/7. All classes are open 2 weeks after the end date. You can click in and download, read, learn.
Becky Rawnsley is a physical therapist from the UK. She started writing as a hobby some twenty years ago, but realized if she was ever going to get off
the slush-pile and onto the shelves, she needed help. Hunting for answers, she stumbled across Margie’s website and struck writing-gold.
Becky is now a multi-Margie, multi-LWA and Immersion grad, and has discovered a passion for deepening her understanding of writing craft. Her work now regularly finals in contests. She is keen to share the magic of Margie’s ECE and Deep Editing courses to help fellow writers bring their work to the next level—and beyond!