Revision Boot Camp or Revision Retreat: You Decide
You’ve got that first draft done or almost done. Or maybe you’re on your 2nd, 3rd, or LAST revision and you’re working toward the finish line.
You’re ready for REVISION BOOTCAMP.
Get your marching orders.
Working with other recruits attack your revisions.
Or. . .
Maybe you’re looking for a REVISION RETREAT.
Sign up and escape.
Be inspired to increase your creativity and productivity.
Engage with other creative souls and watch your revision dreams soar.
You decide. Revision Boot Camp or Revision Retreat.
Whichever you choose, be ready for daily support, accountability, check-ins, revision lessons, plenty of camaraderie, inspiration, and productivity. No more writer’s solitary confinement.
Set GOALS. For the month, the week, the day. And then. . .
REVISE. REVISE. REVISE.
Novel, short stories, query, synopsis. Your choice. Your goals.
And you can. . .
Visit our virtual Coffee Shop to share accomplishments.
Sit down with a virtual latte. Share your gold star accomplishments, including daily goals achieved, contest entries, contest wins, agent submissions and signings, publications, etc. Join your classmates for a cup o joe and cheer each other’s big and small wins which can spur your own goals and ideas.
Visit our Martini Mind Bar to brainstorm.
Order a virtual martini. Throw out your questions to your bar mates and brainstorm. Hop onto a stool, share a drink, and help out a writer in need. Creativity feeds creativity.
Visit our Wine Bar to . . . well . . . whine.
Having a bad day? Not meeting your goals? Your mother-in-law showed up and she’s eating into your revision time?
Sit down, relax, order a chardonnay and whine. Rants are welcome too. No judgment. Grab a glass of merlot and commiserate.
Visit our Critique Cafe to get help.
Do you have a description that you fear may be too flowery?
Have some dialogue you want to run by someone else’s ear?
Are you re-writing and re-writing and re-writing the same page? Maybe the first page? To help you move on, pop in, order a virtual sandwich, and post a piece of your work for a critique from me and your fellow classmates.
As a critique buddy, come on in and offer a fresh set of eyes. Just remember the Critiquing Golden Rule: critique how you’d like to be critiqued, fair and honest and kind.
So what are you waiting for. Sign up.
Become inspired to focus on your writing and revision.
To commit. To prioritize. To accomplish more.
Thirty days filled with writing support, camaraderie, and learning, all to ensure your writing and revision goals become a reality.
Who Should Take This Class
- Any writer looking for successful methods to work through the revision process.
- Any writer who’s looking for the motivation to write and revise any genre.
- Any writer who’s seeking camaraderie and support through the revision process.
- Any writer who’s stuck and doesn’t know what to do next in their writing journey.
- Any writer looking for constructive feedback on at least 20 pages of their work from an experienced professional editor.
What You Will Learn
- Learn a slew of easy to employ revision tips.
- Learn the keys to goal-setting and motivation for the writing and revision process.
- Learn how to critique another writer’s work and your own.
- Learn a fun, easy way to connect with fellow writers.
- Learn what works on a line-by-line level for your own work-in-progress from your instructor, a professional editor.
- Make a plan, set goals/intentions, be accountable for your revision, and together with the support of other writers it’s much more fun.
- Learn several revision tips including strong beginnings, compelling voice, a scene checklist, and how to use transitions from scene to scene.
- Learn to connect and enjoy camaraderie with other writers in our cyber cafes.
- Learn from your own individual critique from your instructor of up to 5 pages of your work-in-progress.
- Post your goals and commitment to this week’s revision plan.
- Learn the six types of motivation.
- Learn more useful revision tips including a character checklist and a search & destroy mission, plus more.
- Use the cyber cafes to connect with fellow writers.
- Learn from an individual critique of up to 5 pages of your work-in-progress from your instructor.
- Post your goals and commitment to this week’s revision.
- Learn how to prioritize your goals/intentions.
- Learn more revision tips including what to do about backstory, how to listen closely to your words, why to vary your sentence structure, and a quick start tip for your next revision session.
- Connect and learn from your fellow writers in our cyber cafes.
- Learn from another individual critique of up to 5 pages of your work-in-progress from your instructor.
- Post your goals/intentions for this week and BEYOND.
- Learn about that writer’s demon—self-sabotage and how to slay it.
- Learn more revision tips including elusive pacing and increasing productivity, plus more.
- Keep connecting with other writers and how to take it forward into the future.
- Learn from an individual critique of up to another 5 pages of your work-in-progress from your instructor.
Suzanne Purvis is a transplanted Canadian living in the Deep South, where she traded “eh” for “y’all.” An author of long, short, and flash fiction for both children and adults, she has won several awards including those sponsored by the University of Toronto, RWA, Bethlehem Writer’s Roundtable, and Women Who Write. You can find her work in print anthologies, magazines, ezines, and ebooks.
You Won't Find a Better Bootcamp!
Suzanne is a fabulous teacher. She responds quickly, gives insightful feedback, explains the principles behind her suggestions, and provides links to excellent web resources. A genuinely warm and encouraging person, she taught techniques I will use my entire writing career. I waffled about signing up. I'm thrilled I did.
Revision Bookcamp at Its Best
I love all of Suzanne’s classes. This is one I really treasure. We writers can only do so much self-editing. After self-editing my first draft, Suzanne helped me take my novel to the next level. We are so close to our work, we tend to overlook certain pitfalls, but Suzanne is like a genius mechanic. She teaches you how best to give your Manuscript a tuneup. 🙂 Great instructor, great student participation, great class! A MUST!
Marching to Win the Editing Battle!
If you need some extra support, motivation, and editing wizardry to help get through your revisions, this class is for you! Suzanne provides in-depth editing suggestions for all work posted, as well as a supportive framework for getting the hard work done. Her hands-on, practical support and encouragement will get you powering through your pages, and her inspirational editing suggestions will help you to polish your words into gems. Suzanne is a phenomenal writer and an amazing teacher – don’t miss out on the opportunity to tap into her creative genius!
Revision Bootcamp is a Must
A great instructor? Check. Active classmates? Check. A supportive atmosphere? Check. Suzanne's Revision Bootcamp gave me what I needed to get my pages into shape.
Bootcamp vs Retreat
I love taking ALL of Suzanne's classes, but this is my fave. Maybe it's the choice of kicking butt or kicking back. LOL Camaraderie and interaction are key elements, but it's the sense of finding your way that hooked me. Suzanne is a skillful guide.