How to Write Dialogue with a Psychological Punch
A proven way to improve any manuscript.
Learn how to craft dialogue that carries power!
What You'll Learn
- Dialogue Challenge
- Check your manuscript to see if your dialogue has the 11 essential ingredients of great dialogue.
- Dialogue Flaw Search
- Weed out the 13 most common dialogue flaws.
- Dialogue Manipulation
- Execute 25 techniques to craft dialogue that will emotionally impact (manipulate) the reader.
Still not sure if this class is for you?
Here are 4 more reasons:
- If you want to learn how to turn predictable dialogue into fresh and exciting dialogue, this class is for you.
- If you want to learn how to create a distinct voice for each of your characters, this class is for you.
- If you want to learn how to slip in information to the reader without losing their interest, this class is for you.
- If you want to learn the art of subtext, this class is for you.
In other words - this class is for you.
From a student: I’ve been taking writing courses and reading writing books and doing an MFA—over a few decades. [Must have started when I was 2.] The material you provide is some of the best I’ve ever seen. Your exercises are practical and helpful—and doable in a normal person’s life. [I know some normal people.] The only thing that would make it better is if the students could interact with each, and that’s not something you can control. I will be recommending your class to my clients. — Teresa Crumpton
Lisa Wells writes romantic comedy with enough steam to fog your eyeglasses, your brain, and sometimes your Kindle screen. On the other hand, her eighty-year-old mother-in-law has read Lisa’s steamiest book and lived to offer her commentary. Which went something like this: You used words I’ve never heard of…
Lisa’s the author of romantic comedies. Her latest release is a paranormal romantic comedy: (HEXES AND O’S).
She lives in Missouri with her husband and slightly-chunky rescue dog. Lisa loves dark chocolate, red wine, and those rare mornings when her skinny jeans fit. Which isn’t often, considering the first two entries on her love-it list.
To learn more about all of Lisa’s books, visit:
Lisa's material and notes were easy to follow and keep for future reference. It's a no nonsense, fun course that revs your dialogue creativity! Highly recommend this quick paced, fun course.
Who knew so much "trickery" could be done with dialogue? Lisa Wells, that's who! Invaluable class!
Dazzle Up Your Dialogue!
Lisa Wells gives you the tools to create dazzling dialogue that dances off the page and into your readers' hearts!
Lisa's notes were spot on. The material is easily accessible in .pdf format. The course work is a joy to do. Lisa strikes the perfect balance of content and assignment without being the least bit overwhelming. Great course. It's over before you know it.