Instructor: B. Dave Walters
March 1 – 15
Video preview of the class: https://youtu.be/JxWaT5vUaew
This course will save you at least five years of struggling in your writing career. Whether you’re a fan thinking about taking up the pen for the first time, or a pro looking to take things to the next level, this course is for you.
In Building from the Ground Up: Character Development & Story Structure, B. Dave Walters will teach you:
- Why now is the absolute best time in history to be a storyteller.
- How to know when you’re ready to become a writer.
- How to know if you’re actually bad and no one is telling you.
- How to get an emotional reaction out of the audience, which is the only thing that truly matters.
- How to know which ideas are great, and which to skip.
- How to decide if a novel, screenplay, TV or comic is the best for you.
- Three, Four, Five, and even Seven Act Structure and which one to use.
- What Harry Potter, Luke Skywalker, and Arthas Menethil have in common, and what it means to your story.
- How to actually apply The Hero’s Journey, Pixar’s 22 Rules of Storytelling, Kurt Vonnegut’s 8 Rules for Writing Fiction, the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet and several other tools to make your story MATTER.
- And much, much more!
It’s a noisy world out there, this course will teach you how to craft a story that people will slow down to listen to with characters they’ll give a damn about!