A course for aspiring authors who want to stop feeling overwhelmed by the publishing industry, and map the most efficient route to their publication dreams.
A Shortcut To Your Author Career will transform the way you approach your author career, whether you are still writing that first manuscript, or you've published a book and want help to navigate the next stage of your career.
Do these sound familiar?
- Feeling overwhelmed by all the things you're supposed to do to succeed as an author and all the conflicting information out there.
- Doubting you'll ever have what it takes to make it in this industry.
- Not knowing what information is relevant to you at which stage of your career.
- Lacking confidence to put your work out there.
Then you’re not alone. I have been in your shoes and understand what you’re going through, and will share the things I’ve learnt during a decade-long journey of trial, error and scraped knees.
Go from wishing for publication, to having a practical plan to achieve it.
What you will learn
This workshop will:
- Demystify the publishing process, terminology and concepts.
- Clarify what you really want from this journey.
- Show you how to embrace the resilience mindset.
- Explore various publication pathways.
- Support you to develop a personalized plan to succeed.
Who should take this course?
This workshop is for aspiring fiction writers from absolute beginners to experienced authors, who want to understand the publishing and figure out the the most efficient route to their publication dreams.
Sandy Vaile is passionate about making sure participants fully understand concepts, so there will be plenty of opportunities to apply what you’ve learnt to your own work, examples, colourful handouts and free resources.
- Embrace a resilience mindset
- Beat imposter syndrome
- Define what success looks like to you
- Explore the various publication pathways available
- Demystify industry processes, concepts and terminology
- Map your personal career pathway right now
- Set realistic goals for each step of the journey
- Learn how to stand out from the crowd
- Being in this for the long game
- Putting it all together
What students are saying about Sandy’s workshops
"Helpful, practical and inspirational, Sandy's workshop took my writing to the next level."
"I loved Sandy's dedication to giving the best feedback possible. It's made a huge difference to me already."
“I credit this teacher with a quantum shift in my writing. I can literally see the difference!"
“I liked the friendly nature of the learning experience.”
“Sandy Vaile’s teaching is clear, concise and encouraging.”
Sandy Vaile is a motorbike-riding daredevil who isn’t content with a story unless there’s a courageous heroine and a dead body. She writes romantic-suspense for Simon & Schuster US and empowers modern writers to produce commercial quality fiction.
Sandy is an experienced course presenter with a decade of experience in the industry. She prides herself on providing a nurturing learning environment that enables participants to truly absorb the material and apply it to their own work.
In her spare time, Sandy composes procedures for high-risk industrial processes, judges competitions, runs The Fearless Novelist Facebook group, and offers mentoring and critiquing services.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.