May 1st - 31st
DEEP EDITING is for the writer who wants to psychologically impact the subconscious of the reader. For the writer who wants to learn fresh editing techniques. For the writer who wants to edit for hook-the-reader power.
- Learn the EDITS System and take it deeper. See the interplay of patterns on the page and analyze what’s needed to strengthen the scene. This is not a broad-brush approach, it’s a roll up your sleeves and get to work making a difference with your manuscript.
If you were introduced to Margie’s EDITS System in her Empowering Characters’ Emotions course, you’ll learn how to expand the EDITS System in DEEP EDITING.
- Learn 25 rhetorical devices and practice using them in your work. Learn how and when to use these structural and stylistic techniques. Examples of rhetorical devices from bestselling authors will motivate writers to follow their lead.
- Develop skills by using worksheets provided in each lecture. The worksheets also serve as a handy reference for learning the rhetorical devices.
- Learn Deep Editing tips including backstory management, power lines, SAPS, throw-away words, cliché twists, backloading, and emotional hits.
- Develop a personal editing checklist too.
Learn how to make a FINAL EDITING PASS be your last pass.
Margie Lawson left a career in psychology to focus on her true passion—helping writers make their stories, characters, and words strong. Tired of the same old writing rules and tools? Try something new.
Using a psychologically based, deep-editing approach, Margie teaches writers how to bring emotion to the page. Emotion equals power. And power not only grabs readers, it holds onto them until the end. Many Margie grads have gone on to win awards, find agents, sign with publishers, and hit bestseller lists.
As an international presenter, Margie has taught over 150 full day master classes in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and France, as well as multi-day intensives on cruise ships in the Caribbean. Pre-COVID, she taught 5-day Immersion Master Classes across the U.S. and Canada and in seven cities in Australia too.
COVID Update: Immersion Master Classes are now virtual, taught through Zoom. Virtual Immersion classes are limited to six writers. They're two days long with two big topics--and as always, writers get one on one deep editing with Margie.
She also founded Lawson Writer's Academy, where you’ll find over 30 instructors teaching online courses through her website. To learn more, sign up for Margie’s newsletter.