Learn how to write body language and dialogue cues from a kinesics specialist. Writers will learn how to write fresh:
- Body Language Basics: facial messages, lips, eyes, chin, full facial expression, flicker-face, gestures, posture, hierarchical zones . . .
- Body Language Clusters
- Avoidance and deception cues
- Vibes – beyond spidey senses and hair-raising
- Turning Points driven by subtle body language cues
- Body Language and Dialogue Cues for POV and Non-POV characters
- Body Language and Dialogue Cues with Rhetorical Devices
- Specific Emotion-driven full Kinesics Patterns for anxiety, fear, joy, sadness, lust, shock, surprise . . .
Each teaching point will be illustrated with examples from bestselling authors, their excerpts dissected and analyzed.
Bonus Lecture from a Police Detective: Body Language in the Police and Criminal Worlds -- Interrogations, Spotting Criminals, Hostage Negotiations
I learned about Margie through Australian author Dorothy Adamek, who had attended a Margie immersion and found the experience so valuable that she hosted her own immersion course, which was absolutely brilliant - and which I credit with winning an ACFW Genesis Award, and helping an author client win a RITA.
This course is one of Margie's "Big Three" and is a pre-requisite to attending an immersion. I did the course as a self-learning lecture packet, which suited me as I was working full-time at the time, and wouldn't have been able to properly participate in the class.
The lecture packet has all the same information and learning as the class. The best part about this class is learning all the ways to make your writing more powerful. The worst part is that you'll start judging every novel you read against what you learn 😉