This course is for members of Sisters in Crime, New England
Want to add a psychological punch to your writing and editing?
Want to learn how to capture the full range of body language on the page?
Want to turn your WIP into a page-turner by powering up emotion and hooking the reader viscerally?
The 350+ pages of lectures will cover the following topics – and more:
The EDITS System • Four Levels of Powering Up Emotion • Overview of Body Language and Dialogue Cues • Top Ten Rhetorical Devices for Fiction Wrters • Fresh Visceral Responses • Cliché-busting • Motivation Reaction Units • Ideomotoric shifts • Subtext Power • Emotional Authenticity • Backstory Management • Emotional Hits • Deep Editing techniques • Rhythm and Cadence and Beats
If this is your first Lawson Writer’s Academy course, create an account, then enroll in the course.
If you’ve taken an LWA course, you have an account. Follow instructions for enrolling in class (below).
After you’re enrolled, it’s an easy log-in from the home page of my website to enter the classroom.
To Create An Account:
1: Click the registration button below and click to create an account.
2. Complete the Registration Form — and you’ll see a notification that your account has been created.
3. Check your email and click on the activation link.
4. Now you have an account. Please close the account activated page.
To Enroll in Empowering Characters’ Emotions Class:
1. Click on the course title, ECE for Sisters in Crime, New England again, then click the Registration button, again.
2. Pay with Paypal or with a credit card.
3. Enter the course!
If you prefer to pay by check, please contact Margie Lawson for a mailing address. Thank you!